Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

If my husband ask for the house in a divorce decree however he is unable to pay the mortgage. My name is on the mortgage and he has a acquire a lien on the house so refinance is not an option. What can I do to get out of this situation of the house especially send the mortgage has risen and he has fell behind for November and December?

Asked on 12/05/17, 6:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

It's a very bad situation as you already know, especially if you and your husband are not working together to fix this problem. I'm not sure if you are still married and going through a divorce, or you're in the middle of a divorce. Your matrimonial lawyer should be working with you and your husband's lawyer to figure out a solution here. You may also need to see a bankruptcy lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/17, 12:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York