Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

Owner of the house that I am Renting to own has died. We were paying off her bank loan with our monthly payments. Help. What are my rights as resident and payer?

Asked on 5/14/19, 8:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Hopefully you had this put in writing by a lawyer. If so, it's enforceable against the estate. You definitely need to see a lawyer. If you didn't have a written agreement then you can file a claim against the estate, which may or may not work to get your money back. It's not a good situation, as you already know.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/19, 8:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York