Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

Thirty four years ago I submitted plans to build my new home in Putnam county N.Y. About the same time the owner of the property next to mine had also received approval to build. My home is a 3100 sq ft contempary style, the house next to mine is a ranch about 1400 sq ft in size, which like mine was subject to appoval by the architectural review board. My problem is my home has been listed for sale for close to nine months, and remains unsold I beleave due to the small undervalued home next to mine. Can I sue the town for the value my home has lost due to the eye sore the town gave permission to build.

Asked on 7/03/18, 5:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Are you kidding? No, you can't sue the town because your neighbor's house isn't as nice as yours.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/18, 4:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York