Legal Question in Tax Law in New York

Hello, My wife and I, and our daughter, have two months till our property tax is due! And we must leave!!! We fell behind after I had two major neck surgeries, neither of which went well! I was left with partial paralysis in both arms and hands! And Pain! I've been put on disability (my wife is also disabled). We are scared!... ps... I've built my boat shop here, we have out buildings, and home for 17 years! I can't even think clearly about finding a new place, we don't know where!!! We should stay... the docs. what to operate on my lower back!!! I can hardly do anything now, when I was all way busy. Can anyone help us, Please... Alexander

Asked on 5/10/18, 3:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

That’s a very sad story it’s a very unfortunate situation. Your best bet is to contact the office of the Department of Social Services in your county and through them get in contact with social services organizations who can guide you through the federal and state public welfare services available. There are dozens of different programs availabile to aid your situation. You need to call and call until you get the right person to work with you and help apply for the assistance which is available.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/18, 5:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in New York