Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

I’m a executor of my dads account, however I hired a lawyer, who ripped me off can no longer use him. So I let him go. However I tried to sell my dad house, dad died in 2010, but the real estate guy said the estate tax was never paid and

It been over 10 yrs, so I can’t sell the I’m the executrixx of my dad estate, I have my testamentsry papers , I don’t have much money. I need to sell this house and move, I’m over 70 yrs old, any free suggestion or advice will help my other lawyer charged me over 20,000 and I’m broke but the estate taxes were never filed

I’m wanna know what I have to do now to sell this house. Any advice will be helpful. Dad died in 2010. Thank you Jeanette

Asked on 3/29/19, 4:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Unfortunately there’s no way in the world that anyone can help you with this situation by email. You’ll have to find a lawyer who can fix up this case for you with the taxes; get everything straightened out and the house sold and then get paid at the end from the proceeds of the sale of the house. Whatever you already paid the other lawyer is water under the bridge forget about it.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/19, 5:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York