Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

My parents pased away in their will im named executor , my younger brother is not in the will as an executor can he hire the lawyer for us ?

Asked on 10/21/20, 4:45 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

No. He can suggest only. Hiring is up to executor.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/20, 6:26 pm
Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Please accept my condolences on loss of your parents.

I'm not clear for which parent are you the executor?

The executor hires the lawyer.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/20, 7:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York