Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New York

My sister died in July. What do I have to do to get legal possession of her car so I can sell it. I live in New York

Asked on 12/22/18, 3:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your sister.

The executor or administrator of your sister's estate can sell the car. You have to file the papers at the Surrogate's Court in the County where your sister lived when she died. It's not very difficult, but if you need help, give me a call.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 12/22/18, 9:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New York