Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

was engaged to get married so started giving her money to put in her account to hold for us a house for she wasn't working and she said wouldn't let anything happen to the money and would put my name on that account so time came to get home for us she changed phone number could she be made to pay money back got text messages on phone

Asked on 3/04/18, 4:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Doubtful. The key word you used is 'giving'. If you gave her the money, you will likely be hard pressed to prove it was not a gift. So likely the will turn out to be an expensive life lesson.

However, it never hurts to consult with a local attorney who can review your circumstances in more detail and lay out your options, if any. Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/04/18, 5:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina