Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

I received a violation in Scotland County, NC for passing in a no passing zone. I followed another driver doing this and he was pulled and so was I. Can I get a prayer for judgment. I have not had any kind of traffic violation in over 15 years. I live in SC and have a SC driver's license, but the event was in NC.

Asked on 4/19/19, 1:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

A PJC is not something you are entitled to. It is at a Judge's discretion and each Judge has their own standards for granting them, if at all. That said, a PJC is likely not your best option to resolve this particular ticket with. Just hire a local traffic attorney. If the address of your ticket is correct, you will likely get a crap ton of letters from NC traffic attorneys. You do not need F. Lee Bailey for a traffic ticket so just pick the cheapest one and roll with that.

Read more
Answered on 4/19/19, 4:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina