Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Can you get a absolute divorce with children on your divorce papers if the one filling for the divorce has custody of the the kids

Asked on 2/08/21, 5:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Minor children born during the marriage are required to be listed in the Divorce Complaint (likely what you are calling 'divorce papers'). Who has custody is irrelevant to the divorce.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/21, 9:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina