Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

How do I file for custody of my child in the state of NC after CPS removed child from mother and placed child with me father.

Asked on 6/12/20, 12:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Unless you are the mother or the father, you likely do not have standing to sue for custody. If you are the father and on the birth certificate and CPS placed the children with you - you likely do not need custody. If you are the mother CPS took the children from, you likely don't have much chance of getting custody. So who ever you are, your best bet is to consult with a local family law attorney who can review the situation in detail and lay out your options for you. Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/20, 1:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina