Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

Someone signed the birth certificate and it's not his kids and he wants to get off of child support.. What does he need to do?

Asked on 2/11/14, 10:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

That someone would have been him or he was married to the woman who gave birth to the children. It is incredibly doubtful someone 'forged' his name on a birth certificate. In any event, if he wants to stop paying child support, he needs to request a paternity test be done. This will most likely be at his expense.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/14, 4:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina