Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

my son was dating a girl and now she is pregnate. She broke up with him and now will not let him come to the doctors appts or keep him informed about the baby. we are going to have a dna test as soon as the baby gets here, but what does he need to do about this?

Asked on 3/06/12, 7:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nothing he can do until the child is born. At that time, he can bring a paternity action to see if the child is his and if so, he will then have to support the child but he also can enforce custody/visitation.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/12, 4:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina