Legal Question in Family Law in North Carolina

My wife and I separated in April of 2017 in North Carolina. Then I moved to Texas. She ran into a bunch of legal trouble and was unable to take care of our son physically or financially. She gave guardianship to her mother and her mother called me to get my son 4 years old to take care of him. She has four children where two now live with her and one with her mother. I have place to live and a job in Texas where he now lives with me. I am trying to get him insurance. I have to wait a year to file for divorce in North Carolina. She refuses to do nothing about temporary custody right now. What can I do to keep myself legally out of trouble or just wait till I file for the divorce.

Asked on 1/24/18, 9:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

You need to consult with a local Texas attorney ASAP - especially if the child has been with you for at least the last 6 months. Once the year expires, if she is still in NC and all you need to have done is the divorce, we can help you with that for a total flat rate fee of $395 - just visit us at whenever you are ready.

Read more
Answered on 1/24/18, 11:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in North Carolina