Legal Question in Civil Litigation in North Carolina

Someone has taken a no contact order out against me, and they are making harmful false claims about me to my friends and colleagues. I want to send them a cease and desist letter but according to the no contact order I can't contact them in any way. what should I do?

Asked on 10/23/12, 11:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You should be very careful in this situation. You are correct that no contact should occur, even in letter form. Depending on the language you use, it could be argued that you transmitted a threat in your letter.

You should speak to each person that this person spoke to and see if they are willing to give you a statement as to what was said. From there, if you can show that those statements are false and that the person knew they were false, you should contact an attorney that handles personal injury/torts for a potential slander claim.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/12, 11:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in North Carolina