Legal Question in Military Law in North Carolina

Info pertaining to desertion cases and discharge in lieu of court martial? Process from start to finish?

Asked on 7/15/15, 2:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William J. Holmes Attorney at Military Law

If you have been charged with desertion, you may be taken to a court-martial or the command may choose to give you an administrative discharge in lieu of trial by court-martial. There is no automatic or set procedure. The decision of what to do and how is pretty much up to the command and every command handles things differently. They may want to really punish you, but more likely they will just discharge you. You need to get an attorney who will discuss with you and learn all the information about your case and then go to the command to get the best possible deal for you.

I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or 757-420-9321 if you have additional questions.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/15, 7:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in North Carolina