Legal Question in Workers Comp in North Carolina

I have been released from my doctor from a work injury . Which means I can no longer receive workers comp benefits. My job has since then lost its contract and laid off everyone. It's be 2 years because I had a surgery. I have been trying to find a job but is unable to do so. My question is can I file for unemployment. I did not quit nor did I resign for my position?

Asked on 6/22/16, 10:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Lennon Lennon, Camak & Bertics, PLLC

You may have a significant claim. Statutes of limitation are running and action is required. Did you settle your workers compensation case? Was it a "clincher" agreement or a form agreement? Did you get a second medical opinion? File Form 18M to preserve your right to future medical benefits? What are your medical limitations? Did you return to work after the medical release? Was there any retaliation by the employer? These and many other questions should be discussed with an experienced workers' compensation attorney ASAP!

Good luck! George

Read more
Answered on 6/23/16, 2:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in North Carolina