Legal Question in Banking Law in Ohio

My husband died, I am not on his savings account, what court do I petition to close the account and get the money and stop them from taking it out of my existing checking that has both our names.

Asked on 5/19/10, 10:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Kerpsack Robert W. Kerpsack Co., L.P.A.

I do not practice probate or estate planning law; therefore, I am not going to be able to answer your specific question, nor will I be representing you. I urge you to consult immediately with other lawyers regarding your potential legal rights. Your local bar association may have a lawyer referral service that can provide you with the names of some lawyers near you who handle these types of matters. In the alternative, you may want to contact the Columbus Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (telephone number 614-221-4112; web address I am sorry I cannot help you.

Bob Kerpsack

Phone: 614-766-2000

Fax: 614-766-2005

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 5/24/10, 2:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Ohio