Legal Question in Banking Law in Ohio

I have a joint checking account with my father. He is very ill, suffering from severe Parkinson's disease, with no mental difficulties. Is it legal for me to transfer the funds to another account, with his consent, before he dies to protect those funds from mounting medical bills?

Asked on 1/18/12, 7:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Martin Yavorcik Yavorcik Law Firm

If it is a joint account yes, but I would recommend that you go to the bank and simply add a tod [transfer on death] to the account so if he dies it automatically transfers to you by operation of law.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/12, 7:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Ohio