Legal Question in Banking Law in Ohio

I lent a friend $12,000 with the promise to pay it back in three weeks. It has been four months and I have only recieved $320. Can I take her to court to get my money back. I live in Ohio and she lives in Indiana. I took the money off my credit cards so I have a paper trail.

Asked on 9/08/12, 6:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Sauter Cloppert, Latanick, Sauter & Washburn

Yes, you can take her to court. You had an agreement (a contract) and she broke the agreement. Since the amount is over $3,000, you'll have to skip small claims court and head to municipal or common pleas court, which means you'll need to hire an attorney to pursue your debt. Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/12, 6:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Ohio