Legal Question in Consumer Law in Ohio

Hi, We moved recently using a moving company and got cheated by the company in terms of my actual weight of the move. The actual weight was 2640 lbs and they charged me for 3500 lbs. I do have the weight certificates with me. But the company is not ready to pay me back the difference amount of $350 to $400. What can I do in this situation?

Asked on 5/06/10, 7:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Harold Paddock Harold Paddock Co. LPA

Two quick suggestions: one is read the contract. There may be an arbitration clause that creates a way to recover without going to court. The other approach is to call your local Better Business Bureau. Several large movers have agreements with the BBB to resolve consumer complaints with BBB processes.

Read more
Answered on 5/12/10, 7:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Ohio