Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Ohio

Song rights

I was in a band until I was replaced recently. Prior to my dismissal, I had a written agreement with the lead singer that we split royalties on every track of our recent album 50-50 (minus the percentage that goes to other co-authors where applicable). My departure did not end on good terms, and the lead singer is now having all the songs transfered from BMI to ASCAP, and is trying to eliminate me from receiving any royalites from the tracks. What should I do?

Asked on 3/21/07, 3:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Jacobs Jacobs & Lowder

Re: Song rights

Find a lawyer to write to the Artist and BMI putting them on notice of the contractual situation and your interest therein. You may contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/07, 1:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Ohio