Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

My exwife and I are back in court to raise my child support. She is stating that she is being charged a certain about per week for daycare. According to the following Ohio law (which is also stated in my divorce decree):

Section 3109.051

(H)(1) Subject to division (F)(2) of section 2301.35 and division (F) of section 3319.321 of the Revised Code, a parent of a child who is not the residential parent of the child is entitled to access, under the same terms and conditions under which access is provided to the residential parent, to any record that is related to the child and to which the residential parent of the child legally is provided access, unless the court determines that it would not be in the best interest of the child for the parent who is not the residential parent to have access to the records under those same terms and conditions.

I asked the daycare for a complete list of charges that they have charged for watching my daughter . They will not give it to me. They have stated that if my ex came in and asked for it, they would give it to her.

Can I file a Contempt of Court motion against the daycare for not providing the financial records to me?

Asked on 9/16/09, 8:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dan Guinn Guinn Law Firm, LLC

You cannot file a contempt of court but you can get the records subpoenaed. Also, you can force her to bring them to court in order to show how much she is having to pay. I would be happy to represent you in this process if you require an attorney.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

Guinn Law Firm-"Affordable Rates, Outstanding Service"

Read more
Answered on 9/27/09, 1:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio