Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

I plan on having a dissolution and moving from OH to FL right after bc we will be living with my mom. I plan on having full custody of my child as well. When I fill out the dissolution forms, should I put down the FL address as my address or the OH address? If I put down my OH address, do I include a relocation form in the dissolution or is it a separate filing? Can it be filed together or must it be after dissolution is final?

Asked on 8/06/23, 11:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Eric Eastman Willison

It would be best to put down your Ohio address so that it is clear to the Ohio judge that jurisdiction and venue for the case is in Ohio. Once you file it and move, you can alert the court to your new address by filing a change of address form.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/23, 7:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio