Legal Question in Military Law in Ohio

Medical Discharge

My son entered the Air Force on a HPSP medical scholarship. He is now in his second year of a surgical residency.

As a teenage my son developed panic attacks. He worked with a counselor at that time. The anxiety continued but never got to as a severe point as it is now.

He is currently seeking medical treatment, and he will be leaving his residency.

He is not able to fulfill his military commitment as a medical doctor if he is not board certified. He is going through emotional stress coping with panic attacks and giving up his medical career.

What would be the options or consequences of his decision to stop his residency as far as the Air Force is concerned? He is sending a letter describing the situation, and his counselor is sending a letter as well.

Thank You,

Concerned Mom

Asked on 5/21/08, 1:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Neal Puckett The Law Firm of Puckett and Faraj, PC

Re: Medical Discharge

He can contact me for a free phone consultation. We can help him.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/08, 1:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Ohio