Legal Question in Personal Injury in Ohio

ipersonal injury claim

does the at- fault drivers insurance company have the right to my past 3 years tax returns to determine my income potential. I was a contract worker or self employed. I have given my form #1099s for the last 2 years. My injury was on 1-16-06. The other drivers insurance has paid to supplement my income till now,but suddenly has asked for this information.

Asked on 3/02/07, 10:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Brandabur Brandabur Law, LLC

Re: ipersonal injury claim

It is likely they are seeking this information to verify your claim for lost wages. Keep in mind that there is a statute of limitations that will require a lawsuit be filed prior to the 2 yr anniversary of the date of the accident (if this is an Ohio case). A good personal injury attorney may likely be able to recover a better result, even after their fees, as they will be fully aware of all issues, such as the question you are asking. Please contact me should you have any other questions.

Read more
Answered on 3/02/07, 11:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Ohio