Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

My husband passes away and I

want to sell the house. My name is first on deed along with step son should I pass away. Can I see house without his ok

Asked on 9/07/23, 4:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

That's a good question. Is your step-son is on the deed itself, or there was a "transfer on death" affidavit filed? If he's on the deed I'd say he would have to sign the property transfer forms, so you couldn't sell the house without his consent.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/23, 10:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio