Legal Question in Workers Comp in Ohio

i had a 200 pound cooler door fall off the hinge at work it fell on me and tore my meniscus and severely sprained both my ankles.had surgery 7 months ago and am still having a hard time standing for long periods of time. my doctor told me he cannot do much more for me but he released me to go back to work on strict restrictions. company told me they would not take me back under those restrictions. they also told me i am no longer getting paid after the date of my doctors release. what can i do

Asked on 5/23/11, 6:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Yeager Bainbridge Firm LLC

Generally speaking, if a doctor releases a person on restrictions and the employer cannot take the person back under those restrictions, temporary total disability compensation (e.g. lost wages paid by workers' comp) can continue. If the doctor believes the conditions/restrictions are permanent, however, this can be a sign that maximum medical improvement has been reached. In this circumstance, the employer or BWC can seek to have temporary total terminated.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/11, 6:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Ohio