Legal Question in Workers Comp in Ohio

I was sent to a workers comp. doctor for an exam. while doing the exam he took hold of my left elbow while siting on the rolling chair and wanted me to walk on my tip toes which causes me to krill my foot over. while walking to the car my left foot was hurting very badly. I stayed off my foot thinking it would get better, but it did not. I called the doctors office to see what I could do for my foot and was told he didn't mean to do that and he could not do anything to treat my foot because he was hired by workers comp. I went to an orthopedic dr. who sent me to physical therapy. It did not help very much. The Dr. said that I had arthritis and I would have to live with it. So I went to the arthritis dr. telling about the foot pain that was going all the way up my foot and it was making my back hurt more than it already did . During the exam she told me the pain was going from my back to my foot and that she thinks I have a pinched nerve. I went to my orthopedic doctor that has been treating me since 8 0f 2006 for a fall at work in which I shattered my right elbow(which the Dr. put a prosthetic joint), caused adhesive capsulitis to right shoulder, right brachial plexus injury, lumbar sprain which they say should be healed by now but I have always had problems with since the fall, left elbow medial and lateral epicondylitis because having to use my left arm so much. I have had 5 eperdials from may 2013 t0 December 2013 . I saw. the worker comp. dr. in June 2012. My orthopedic Dr. did an mri which showed I do have a pinched nerve, but workers comp. denied the treatment for the back. I do not think I should not have to pay for all the treatment that I had done and I going to have to have more. Is there anything that I can do to make worker comp. or the workers comp. Dr. to be held liable for this. Thank you Doris

Asked on 2/13/14, 10:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Michael Benson Benson Law Firm

You should contact a qualified workers' compensation attorney. If you don't have access to one, give us a call at 216-241-2510 and we can recommend one.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/14, 6:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Ohio