Legal Question in Business Law in Oklahoma

Embezzlement - Is it or Isn't it

My employer withholds health , union dues , pension , and supplemental pension from my weekly pay. However He is not reporting and paying it to My union benefits office , What can be done about this . Need help desperate to stop this .

Asked on 10/31/02, 12:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Hunt John

Re: Embezzlement - Is it or Isn't it

Thanks for your question. I cannot guess why your employer is doing this. It could be considered fraud and you might wish to try to speak with the District Attorneys office of your county or the United State Attorney. It sounds to me like your Union should also be contacted as it might be considered their money, assuming that you are being treated as union, ie. the pay, etc. If not it might be considered wages that have not been paid. In that case I would contact the Oklahoma Dept of Labor their tollfree number, 888-269-5353 . You can get and fill out a wage claim form on the internet at the below site:

I would suggest that all methods be tried. If this is occuring to numerous employees, I would suggest that you try to get them together to discuss the problem and perhaps schedule a meeting with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 10/31/02, 2:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Oklahoma