Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Oklahoma

introducing a different person in a counter claim

I am being sued and defending myself pro se. In my answer to the plaintiffs complaint i am including a counterclaim. I am wanting to include the actions of a family member of the plaintiff to include him in the counterclaim. is this the appropriate time to do this and how do i formally bring him into the case? thank you

Asked on 11/20/08, 10:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Wayne Allison Allison Legal, LLC

Re: introducing a different person in a counter claim

If the person you're wanting to "countersue" is not the plaintiff, then you'll be suing a third party. If the actions of the family member are related to the same transaction/occurrence giving rise to the first suit, then you'll be bringing in a third party to the suit, not a ocunterclaim. If the actions are not so related (or the court decides), the second action may have to be litigated separately.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/08, 6:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Oklahoma