Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

Cost to Obtain Legal Guardianship

I live in Oklahoma, my parents live in California. My younger brother is living with me. I want to obtain legal guardianship of him but do not have the money to get it. Can I do the process myself? My parents will not object, I just want to be able to get medical insurance for him from my work place but because I am not his legal guardian he can't qualify. I am not getting any help (money) from my parents for his upkeep. Please answer.

Asked on 1/29/02, 10:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lisa Bohannan The Bohannan Law Office, P.C.

Re: Cost to Obtain Legal Guardianship

In most cases it is advisable to obtain an attorney in guardianship cases. An uncontested guardianship; however, should be relatively inexpensive. Let me know what county you are in and I will try to help. There are some agencies which provide pro bono legal services for which you may qualify.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/02, 11:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma