Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

I came home from work today to find that my wife had taken my son and there things back to Texas; we live in Oklahoma. Can she do this?

Asked on 5/17/14, 6:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bob Adcox Bob Adcox, Attorney At Law

Have you lived in Oklahoma for at least the past six (6) months? If so, then Oklahoma would be the home state for the child. You should consider filing something here to keep jurisdiction in Oklahoma unless you want to fight a custody battle in Texas.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/14, 3:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma