Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

My parents kidnapped my daughter.

I have a 19 month old daughter and we have lived with my parents since she was born, I have always lived with my parents and I am now 22.One moring my father took my house key and told me not to come back, then that afternoon my mother picked up my daughter from daycare and the will not give her back. I have called the police and went to the police department everyday and they went with me to get my daughter but my parents would not open the door. They now say they have sent this to the district attorney to file charges on my parents. My parents thought I was moving to Arizona and got scared and think they have to file for custody of the baby to keep her near to them. I have no money for an attorney and now have to live with a friend which is not going to look good to anyone for my daughter. I have not seen my daughter in 6 days and I feel as if there is nothing I can do , no money and no attorney and not much help from the police. What can I do?

Asked on 1/12/02, 2:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lisa Bohannan The Bohannan Law Office, P.C.

Re: My parents kidnapped my daughter.

Have your parents filed for custody? If no current custody proceeding has been filed, then you will need to get a court order or go through the DA and press kidnapping charges. There are other free legal services you can see if you can qualify for. Contact the OBA and ask for a pro bono referral. Also Legal Services can handle these types of cases. Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 1/12/02, 7:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma