Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Oklahoma

my dads parents are deceased, he has 2 other siblings. my grandparents told the three siblings what they wanted when they pass. (the three siblings agreed) papa died first no will was written. then grandma died unexpectedly before she could get things in legal order. how do the three siblings make the division legal? there is no contesting between the three siblings. they just want to put the division in writing that is already agreed to and make it legal.

Asked on 6/07/13, 10:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kurt Kennedy Kurt M. Kennedy,Attorney at Law

The answer to your question depends upon the type and value of the property in your grandparents' estates and how that property is titled. Although unlikely, it is possible that you might be able to avoid probate. If probate is necessary, the heirs can (with unanimous consent and subject to creditor claims) cause the estates to be distributed as they agree.

I strongly encourage you to consult an attorney with sufficient probate experience to guide you.

Read more
Answered on 6/07/13, 11:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Oklahoma