Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Oklahoma

Revocable Trust

My trust leaves my home to my daughter. After I die, what legal document(s) must she have to put it in her name, or should I do that before I die?

Asked on 6/10/06, 8:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kurt Kennedy Kurt M. Kennedy,Attorney at Law

Re: Revocable Trust

Assuming we are talking about a revocable living trust, the home should already have been transfered into your trust. If it wasn't, do so immediately. (A memorandum of trust should also have been filed in your county of residence.)

Upon your death, the successor trustee will be able to convey the property to your daughter.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/06, 10:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Oklahoma