Legal Question in Consumer Law in Pennsylvania

my dad is getting sued for a car loan. can they take the money from his bank account even if it(bank account) is in both our names and I have no part in the loan

Asked on 9/29/16, 11:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Greg Artim Morrow & Artim, P.C.

yes, they potentially can once they get a judgment. The key is to not allow the judgment to happen. Your dad needs to hire a consumer attorney, whether its us or someone else. If the defenses are there, you defend. if they are not, then you settle. Have your father get a consult with a consumer attorney right away. There are many defenses that exist that he or you would never have heard of or known about.

Read more
Answered on 9/29/16, 12:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania