Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

hi ! just have (2) Questions. If she is not willing to agree to divorce settlement after a yr what steps will a judge take to resolve the matter. (divide 401K and home value increase only) Question (2) PA gov signed into law that after one yr of separation you can get a divorce. Will disagreement of assets delay the divorce or can a bill of divorce still be granted. ?

Asked on 10/01/20, 11:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Nahrgang Nahrgang & Associates, P.C.

There are only 3 ways to obtain a decree:

1. by agreement which would include consent

2. based on a one or two year separation depending on when the divorce complaint was filed

3. after equitable distribution.

The goal is to obtain a decree by agreement or without agreement but at least no opposition after the appropriate separation.

If there is no agreement and she requests economic relief, you will have to proceed to equitable distribution which is division of assets and liabilities according to numerous factors such as income and separate assets.

I hope this has been helpful but feel free to call or email me on a free initial basis, noting that I don’t receive any notice of a reply on this platform.

Best Regards,

Matthew R. Nahrgang, Esquire

35 Evansburg Road, Ste 400

Collegeville, PA 19426

(610) 489-3041 o

(610) 489-3042 fax

Read more
Answered on 10/01/20, 11:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania