Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania


Can I petition AT&T and Verizon to see written text messages on my husband's phone's. I was told the National Compliance Center keeps them.

Thank you,

Asked on 5/30/16, 12:12 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

No you would serve them with a subpoena duces tecums.


Read more
Answered on 5/30/16, 6:26 pm
ANDREA G. TILLIS Law Offices of Andrea G. Tillis

Hi, Thank you for your question,

I agree with my colleague. If you already have a divorce action pending in the Court of Common Pleas, your attorney can obtain a Subpoena from the Prothonotary and have it served on AT&T and Verizon.

However, if no Court proceedings have been commenced yet, then neither you, nor your attorney would be able to obtain this Subpoena.

Best regards,


Read more
Answered on 5/30/16, 7:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania