Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

if i left my spouse without notification, have had no contact for seven years, what if any claim does she have on mt social security benefits should i file for them in the future?

Asked on 11/29/11, 5:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Solomon Law Office of Andrew A. Solomon

Unless you are actually divorced, and I am only guessing here, it would seem that he has the same rights that any other spouse has under the Social Security law. You really should makie it official and divorce your spouse, which under the circumstances should be relatively inexpensive. Speak to a lawyer. Many lawyers will handle a no-fault divorce for $200 or less plus filing fees. Check on the internet or Craig's List for a lawyer in your area.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/11, 6:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania