Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

I am married in the state of PA. My husband has been beating me for the past 3years and I now want a divorce. I own my house, my husband's name is not on the deed or agreement. He signed a paper to give up his marital rights when I bought the house. I now want him out of my house and he refuses to leave. I am afraid, I am sad, we have a son together and I'm scared I dont want my son to see us fighting anymore. Can I legally make him leave NOW, I cant let him stay here until a divorce is processed. I want him out now. He is mentally abusive. Again I am in the state of PA and I don't know the law on marriage/divorce. All I know is it's my house, all the vehicles are in my name and insured in my name also. He cannot take them from me can he??Please help. Will be calling local authorities in morning to see if there's anything I can do.

Asked on 12/11/11, 1:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

To get him out of the house file for a protection from abuse order. There should be a domestic violence hotline that can tell you how if not call the county bar association. The upside to a PFA is if he violates it he goes to jail. Once the PFA is in place you should proceed with the divorce.


Read more
Answered on 12/12/11, 6:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania