Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

My boyfriend is married to a woman in the state of PA. She just recently gave birth to a child with another man. He went to sign the birth certificate and they will not allow him because she is married. She is saying that my boyfriend is legally and financially responsible for this child until he goes back to that state and fills out paper work. How can this be when he's not even on the birth certificate himself?

Asked on 12/01/11, 10:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn Brown Real World Law, P.C.

Has your boyfriend considered divorcing the PA woman?

If she pursues your boyfriend for support will he raise the issue of paternity?

Good luck to all of u.

Read more
Answered on 12/01/11, 11:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania