Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Pennsylvania

If somebody well a very close family friend let you use their car to get back-and-forth to doctors appointments, but then gets mad and tries to take it back because you refuse to solicit yourself to be able to use this car. is there anyway I could keep the car without Getting in trouble.

Asked on 3/09/23, 5:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Hello, WashPa 15301! I grew up there but moved away. Still get back to visit family.

What you describe sounds like an informal loan of the car without any compensation from you. If that is correct, there is not any kind of contract between you. The owner is entitled to stop letting you use the car at any time, even if it is for an unsavory reason. You do not have any right to keep using the car if they say you cannot.

As you do not have a legal right, I suggest you approach them, without getting mad, along the lines of: "Come on, you know I can't do that. But I need to use the car to get to doctors appointments. It seems unfair to not let me use the car for that."

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/23, 12:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Pennsylvania