Legal Question in Immigration Law in Pennsylvania

my husband and i went to an interview within 30 days we have to provide evidence of a bona fide marriage. What specically do we need

Asked on 12/04/10, 6:52 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

Any documentary evidence that your marriage is real and not a marriage of convenience (green card marriage).

It depends on your particular situation, and what documents you have already submitted. If you fail to provide sufficient documents, your application can be denied. This is a serious matter, and I suggest you consult a good immigration lawyer.

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn�t create an attorney-client relationship. If you want to schedule a legal consultation, I would be happy to help and advise you. You can email me at [email protected] or complete an Info Form with a consultation request at . For more information visit

Read more
Answered on 12/09/10, 7:01 am
Bonnie Moses Dessen, Moses & Rossitto

We always advise proof of the commingling of your lives together, such as a mortgage or lease bearing both of your names as proof of your joint residence, bank or financial statements with both your names on it, any utility bills or insurance statements in both names bearing the same address for both of you, affidavits from family/friends attesting to your lives together, and/or photographs showing family events, holidays, trips, weekends spent together, etc.

For a more thorough consultation or to discuss representation, please contact us at 215_242_3830 to schedule a consultation with our immigration attorney.

Read more
Answered on 12/10/10, 9:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania