Legal Question in Insurance Law in Pennsylvania

no injuries, A car was coming off of highway and driver fell asleep, became airborn and flipped onto my friends car that was parked and unoccupied. Called his insurance company which was Allstate and they said the owner droped insurance a week before accident so there was no insurance on the car. My friend only has Liability coverage. Don't know what to do? Car was purchased for $4,000 a week before.

Asked on 7/11/17, 8:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Teitell Richard K. Teitell, Esquire, P.C.

If the other driver has no insurance your friend will need to file a lawsuit. For $4K it's a small claims case. If incident happened in Phila or other driver lives in Phila suit can be filed in Phila Municipal Court. If incident happened in suburbs or other driver resides in suburbs file suit in local District Justice court in area where the other driver lives. If you do an internet search for Phila Municipal court of PA Magasterial District Court there's more info.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/17, 8:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania