Legal Question in Personal Injury in Pennsylvania

i was involved in a car accident 10/20/2011. the person ran a red light, totalled my car. i wasn't injured just shaken but the feelings i've had since that time have left me very anxious and uneasy. can i still file a claim for pain and suffering?

Asked on 8/31/12, 9:34 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jerry Meyers Meyers Evans & Associates, LLC

Only if you obtained full tort for your auto insurance. Speak to a personal injury atty in your jurisdiction to discuss the basis for and practicality of making a claim.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/12, 9:42 am
Justin Gearty Law Office of Justin C Gearty Jr

As the previous attorney mentioned, if you have full tort insurance, this may be possible. If you don't have full tort auto insurance, then no, you won't likely have a claim.

Even if you do have full-tort, you will need to be able to prove that the accident caused the anxiety. If you have been seeing any sort of doctor to treat this, that would certainly be helpful.

It would be in your best interest to at least speak with a personal injury attorney. If you haven't already spoken with one, feel free to give me a call. We offer free phone consultations and handle cases throughout Pennsylvania.

Justin C. Gearty Jr., Esquire


Email: [email protected]


DISCLAIMER: This post is for educational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is suggested that you consult with an attorney, prior to taking any sort of action.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/12, 11:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania