Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

legal documents/deed

what to I need to sign my home over to my daughter ,she is executor of my will but I would like to sign it over to her now before I pass

Asked on 8/31/07, 12:16 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jack Hubbert Law Offices of Jack Hubbert

Re: legal documents/deed

You need to sign a deed before a notary gifting the property to her. The filing fee at City Hill is about $160. Transfer from mother to daughter is exempt from transfer tax although a form claiming the exemption must accompany the deed.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/07, 7:23 am
Glenn Brown Real World Law, P.C.

Re: legal documents/deed

For most clients that make a similar request I have 3 words of advice.


There are a ton of reasons NOT to transfer property to children during your life and a handful of good reasons.

Please consult with a lawyer who has seen the horror stories of what happens when property is in the wrong name.

Services at a reasonable fee.

Good luck to you.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/07, 9:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania