Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

real estate

my father gave me a house almost 16 years ago which I have paid taxes on, but I have just found out he never signed off on the article of agreement before the 1st owner passed away.On the deed he is listed as owner #2. He wants to sign the house over to me but the origanal owner's daughter said to show proof that my father paid her father which he did but now says no.Is there anything I can do to get the deceased owner off the deed without going through his daughter? And Just have it put in my name.

Asked on 1/08/07, 9:57 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Marc V. Taiani AAAL - Allegheny Attorneys At Law

Re: real estate

Other than fighting it out in court, you will need to come to an agreement with Owner #1's family and have the agreement prepared by a real estate attorney. Failure to do so will risk your ownership interest in the property and will lead to a much more expensive and lenghty court proceeding.

For more information please contact my office at 412.731.0865 or visit my website at


Marc V. Taiani, Esquire

AAAL - Allegheny Attorneys At Law, PC


Read more
Answered on 1/08/07, 10:14 am
Gerald Hershenson Law Office of Gerald M. Hershenson

Re: real estate

I suggest you see an attorney. You might have to bring a legal action to quiet title. The original deed must be reviewed before any action is taken.

Gerald Hershenson

Read more
Answered on 1/08/07, 10:15 am

Re: real estate

Probably not. FIrst, check the public records for a Will. There is a chance that the decedent mentioned the property in his will. Next, lookd for an agreement between your father and the decedent. If you find it, you can match the purchase price with your payment records. Finally, if all else fails, you need to sue. Use your tax payments as proof. In the alternative you should get back all the payment smade on their behalf.

Read more
Answered on 1/08/07, 11:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania