Legal Question in Social Security Law in Pennsylvania

Live in HUD housing,,,,,Receive ssi & my husband receves ssi & gov annuity I will be receiving an inheritance in the coming months,,,about 40.000 give or take,,,,,,Will we be able to still live in HUD housing,,iwill it affect my social security? please help [email protected]

Asked on 4/04/18, 5:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Randall Selagy F. Randall Selagy, P.C.

I do not know how/if it will effect your HUD Housing. Any resource, such as an inheritance, will effect your SSI and your husband's SSI. You should ask the estate to place the inheritance in a Special Needs Trust.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/18, 6:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania