Legal Question in Social Security Law in Pennsylvania

If a person with Down's syndrome age 50 yrs old who lives with her sister, gets a large 30K + social security settlement, does her sister ( care giver) have the right to use that money for her own benefit? Like buying a house, pay off a 2015 car, take a trip, etc.?

Asked on 8/30/15, 7:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Solomon Weinstein Solomon Weinstein, Esquire

no the money should be used for the benefit of the claimant.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/15, 7:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania